TearDown – August 25th Edition
The TearDown August Edition took place on the 25th August, 2018. If you missed the event, here’s a summary of what went down.
The event was kicked off by a keynote on the Journey of Entrepreneur by Sumit Jain. Sumit spoke about his voyage as a entrepreneur, and the climb to the destination of being the Co-founder and CEO of Opentalk. Opentalk is a a social voice mobile application . It’s a platform which allows users to meet people from across the globe and have interesting conversations. The app’s unique feature lets users choose topics that they would like to talk about.
The chosen startups for the TearDown were as follows:
- CleverPick – A marketplace for AI-based SaaS products committed to helping consumers find the right AI software product.
- Prosoc – A for-profit social enterprise. Their product, DESKIT is an innovative school bag with an attached study table.
- eventValue – A platform that focuses on solving pain points of Professional Events.
- ARJUN CHETNA – Principal Designer at SECOND: Design + Media
- SUMIT JAIN – Co-Founder & CEO, Opentalk
- SHILPI S RAUT – Head of Marketing, Frrole AI
- THIYAGARAJAN MARUTHAVANAN (RAJAN) – Product Leader, Entrepreneur with M&A experience
The set of Panel experts broke down the basic elements of each startup and provided detailed suggestions on entrepreneurship growth and improvement. Feedback for each startup was specifically curated and personalized; and included evaluation on product design, website design, marketing, SEO, messaging, etc.
TearDown takes place on the last Saturday of every month. You can either choose to apply or register for the event at the TearDown website.